We are pleased about your use of our website. The protection of your personal data is important to us and we want you to feel safe when using our website.
1. Information concerning the collection of personal data
(1) The following shall inform you about the collection, processing and utilization of personal data on our website. Personal data means all data relating to a living individual who can be identified.
(2) Controller as per the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
You can reach our data protection officer by contacting us on the following email address: email@example.com or by sending us a letter addressed to “Data Protection Officer”.
(3) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions to present our services to you or to your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below.
2. Your rights as a data subject
(1) You have the following rights against us with respect to the personal data concerning you:
- Right of access by the data subject (Art. 15 GDPR):
You have the right to request information on the data we hold about you from us at any time. This information includes, but is not limited to, the categories of data we process, the purposes for which it is processed, the source of the data if not collected directly from you, and, if applicable, the recipients with whom we have shared your data. You can obtain a copy of your data from us free of charge. If you require additional copies, we reserve the right to charge you for these copies;
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR):
You have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate data relating to you. We will take appropriate steps to keep the data we store and process on an ongoing basis accurate, complete and current, based on the most up-to-date information available;
- Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR):
You have the right to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR):
You have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to have it deleted and we no longer need the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR):
You have the right to request that we transfer your data – if technically possible – to another responsible party. However, you may only enforce this right if data processing is based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract. Rather than receiving a copy of your data, you may also ask us to submit the data directly to another responsible party specified by you.
- Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR):
You have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time for reasons that arise from your particular situation, as long as data processing is based on your consent, on our legitimate interests or those of a third party. In this case, we will cease to process your data. This does not apply if we can show that there are compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, or if we need your data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to withdraw consent (Art. 7 (3) GDPR):
You have the right to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing that was based on this consent in the future.
(2) Inquiries regarding your rights as a data subject you can direct to us under the contact details mentioned under §1 or by post to the controller’s postal address.
(3) If you have the feeling we have not responded in an appropriate manner to your complaints or you have further concerns, you additionally have the right to complain to a data protection authority. The responsible authority to us is the Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationssicherheit; https://www.datenschutz-berlin.de/.
3. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
If you use the website simply for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register yourself or send us any information, we collect only the personal data which your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following technical data which we need to enable us to show you our website and ensure stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f of the GDPR):
- IP address
- date and time of the query
- time zone difference relative to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the query (specific site)
- access status/HTTP status code
- data volume transmitted in each case
- website from which the request emanates
- operating system and its user interface
- language and version of the browser software
The data mentioned above gets processed for the following purposes:
- To ensure a smooth connection of the website,
- Guarantee a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well as for other administrative purposes.
This information is temporarily stored in so-called log files. This information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted.
(2) Kind of Cookies
This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Transient Cookies
- Persistent Cookies
a) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These are mostly session cookies, which save a so-called “session-ID”, which allows for the assigning of different queries within your browser during a particular session. This can be used to identify your device when one repeatedly visits a website during a session. These cookies are deleted once you log out or the browser window is closed.
b) Persistent cookies enable the website to remember your information and settings on your next visit. This gives you faster and more convenient access to the website, as you do not have to change your language settings again, for example. How long the cookie remains on your device depends on the duration or expiration date of the respective cookie and your browser settings. These cookies are automatically deleted after a set period of time which can differ from cookie to cookie. Persistent cookies can be deleted via the security settings in your browser at any time.
5. Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data
(1) Within the scope of our activities and services, it may become necessary for us to disclose the personal data stored about you to natural persons, legal entities or public authorities. We conclude contracts with our service providers, which ensure that they may only process your personal data in a way that we have explicitly instructed them to do so. Furthermore, we ensure that they take the necessary technical and organizational measures to process your data securely and store your personal data only as long as necessary. External service providers who may receive personal data generally fall into the following categories of recipients:
- Credit institutions and providers of payment services for billing and payment processing (online payment providers)
- Parcel Shipper
- IT service provider e.g. to maintain our IT infrastructure or for the management of customer data
- Cloud provider
- Service provider for the optimization of the online offer
- Collection service providers or lawyers to collect receivables and enforce claims in court. If, in the event of a collection case, personal data (customer and contact data, payment and consumption data and data on the claim) is transferred to a collection service provider, we will inform you in advance about the intended transfer.
(2) If data is processed in countries outside the European Union or the EWR, we will ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with the European data protection level. In the absence of a decision by the EU Commission, we only transfer data to service providers from third countries that offer suitable guarantees in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR (usually EU Standard Contract Clauses). In cases where this cannot be ensured even through this contractual extension, we endeavor to obtain additional regulations and commitments from the data recipient.
6. Contact form
(1) When you contact us (for example by e-mail or via the contact form), the information you provide will be processed for the purpose of processing your request and for the event that follow-up questions arise. The contact form is an additional service provided by us to enable you to contact us quickly and easily and is based on Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR.
(2) The personal data collected by us in this context will be deleted when the request associated with the contact has been completely clarified and it is also not to be expected that the specific contact will become relevant again in the future, unless legal storage obligations stand against this.
7. Social-Media, portals
(1) We are represented in the social networks and employer evaluation portals mentioned below. These presences are operated exclusively by the respective provider. They serve to communicate directly with customers, interested parties and users. If you contact us via our social media channels, we process the data that you provide us with as well as the data that is necessary to process your request (Art. 6 para. 1 letter b GDPR). Insofar as you have given your consent to the operators of the respective social media platforms (e.g. by means of a checkbox opt-in), the processing is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 a GDPR. You can revoke your consent at any time with the operator of the respective platform with effect for the future.
(2) When you visit our social media pages, your user data is recorded and provided to us by the operator. The exact types of data differ from provider to provider, but generally include the following information:
- Follower: number and stored profiles; information about growth and development over a defined time frame.
- Reach: number of people who see a specific contribution; number of interactions with a contribution. From this, it can be deduced, for example, which content is better received by the community than others.
- Ad performance: How many people were reached by a contribution or a paid ad and have interacted with it?
- Demographics: Average age of visitors, gender, location, language.
(3) Since our social media channels are operated by the providers of the respective social network, there may be a supplementary use of your personal data by the respective operator, over which we have no influence. This often involves the recording of your IP address, the creation of static evaluations and the processing of further information stored in the form of cookies. We have no influence on the generation and presentation of this data and can neither turn off this function nor prevent the processing of the data.
(4) The assertion of data subject rights and requests can most effectively be addressed directly to the platform providers, since only they have access to your data and can take immediate action and provide information. Should our cooperation be necessary for this, we will support you in enforcing your rights as a data subject.
Xing (New Work SE, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany): https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung/allgemeine-hinweise.
Kununu (Anwendung der New Work SE, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany): https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung/allgemeine-hinweise.
YouTube (Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland): https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de.
8. Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC. The responsible service provider in the EU is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Google”).
(2) We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website in order to improve it regularly. With the statistics obtained, we can improve our offer, make it more interesting for you as a user and increase the success of our marketing campaigns. For this purpose, your usage data is recorded, e.g. your IP address, the pages you have called up (click path), conversions such as newsletter registrations or downloads, clicks, length of stay, region or the technical information on your browser. For this Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred and stored in a Google server in the US.
(3) The legal basis for this data processing is according to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR your consent, which you have given via the cookie banner. Processing is performed to analyze and optimize our website. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by calling up the cookie and changing your selection there. You can also prevent the storage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser software. However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by not giving your consent to the setting of the cookie or by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) Recipient of the data is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland as a processor. For this purpose, we have concluded a data processing agreement with Google and concluded the EU standard data protection clauses. Google LLC, based in California, USA, and, where applicable, U.S. authorities may have access to the data stored by Google.
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “anonymizeIp”. This means that IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form, which means that it is not possible for us to identify a person. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address is transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not merged with other data from Google.
(1) For marketing purposes, we have embedded YouTube videos in our online offer, videos that are saved on http://www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website. These videos are embedded using “privacy-enhanced mode”, i.e. YouTube does not set any cookies to analyze user behavior, e.g. to personalize the video playback. Instead, video recommendations are based on the current video. Videos played in enhanced privacy mode do not affect which videos are recommended to a user on YouTube. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 letter f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in improving the quality of our Internet presence.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. This results in the transmission of certain user data to YouTube. A transmission of the data to YouTube takes place regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in at Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not want the assignment with your profile on YouTube, you have to log out before activating the play button. For the purpose of functionality as well as for the analysis of usage behavior, YouTube permanently stores cookies via your internet browser on your end device. If you do not agree with this processing, you have the possibility to prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings. YouTube also stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide advertising tailored to your needs and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of user profiles, but you must contact YouTube to exercise this right. YouTube may process your personal data on servers in the US.
(3) Further information on the purpose, scope of data collection, your rights, setting options to protect your privacy and processing by YouTube is available under: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy, https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de, https://www.youtube.com/static?gl=DE&template=terms&hl=de, https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=de.
10. Analysis Tools and Advertising
Data is collected on this website and stored for marketing and market research as well as optimization purposes using SalesViewer® technology from SalesViewer® GmbH on the basis of the website operator’s legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) lit. f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)).
You can object to the collection and storage of data at any time with effect for the future by visiting the website https://www.salesviewer.com/opt-out in order to prevent the collection of data by SalesViewer® via this website in the future. An opt-out cookie for this website is placed on your device. If you delete your cookies in this browser, you will need to click this link again.
SalesViewer® GmbH is headquartered in Bochum, Germany. More about SalesViewer can be found at: https://www.salesviewer.com/datenschutz.
If you subscribe to our company’s newsletter, the data in the respective input mask will be transmitted to the controller. Registration for our newsletter takes place in a double opt-in procedure. This means you will receive an e-mail after registration, requesting you to confirm your registration. This confirmation is necessary so no one can register with other e-mail addresses than their own.
When registering for the newsletter, the user’s IP address as well as the date and time of registration are stored. This serves to prevent misuse of the services or the e-mail address of the person concerned. The data will not be passed on to third parties. An exception exists if there is a legal obligation of disclosure.
The data is only be used for sending the newsletter. Subscription to the newsletter can be cancelled by the data subject at any time. Likewise, consent to storing personal data can be revoked at any time. You will find a corresponding link in every newsletter for this purpose.
The legal basis for processing the data after registering for the newsletter, as well as for the user sending the newsletter, if the user has given his consent, is Art. 6 (1) lit. a) GDPR. The legal basis for sending the newsletter to existing customers as a result of selling goods or services is, under special circumstances, Section 7 (3) of the German Unfair Competition Act (UWG).
Use of rapidmail
Description and purpose: We use rapidmail to send newsletters. The recipient of the data is rapidmail GmbH, Wentzingerstrasse, 21, 79106 Freiburg, Germany.
Rapidmail is also used to organize and analyze the dispatch of newsletters. The data you enter in order to receive the newsletter is stored on the rapidmail servers in Germany. Should you not want any analysis by rapidmail, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. We provide a corresponding link for this purpose in each newsletter message.
Furthermore, you can also unsubscribe from the newsletter directly on the website. For analysis purposes, the e-mails sent with rapidmail contain a tracking pixel, which connects to the rapidmail servers once the e-mail is opened. This allows you to determine if a newsletter message has been opened. Furthermore, with the help of rapidmail we can determine whether links are clicked on in the newsletter message and which ones. All links in the e-mail are tracking links, with which your clicks can be counted.
Legal basis: The legal basis for data processing is your consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. a) GDPR.
Recipient: The recipient of the data is rapidmail GmbH.
Transmission to third countries: The data will not be transmitted to third countries.
Duration: We only store your data with your consent for the purpose of the newsletter until the purpose is fulfilled, until you are removed from the newsletter and after unsubscribing from the newsletter the data is deleted from our servers as well as from the rapidmail servers. Data we store for other purposes (e.g. e-mail addresses for the member area) remain unaffected by this.
Revocation option: You have the possibility of revoking your consent to data processing with effect for the future at any time.
Further data protection information: For more details, see rapidmail’s data security information at: https://www.rapidmail.de/datensicherheit. For more details about rapidmail’s analysis functions, go to the following website: https://www.rapidmail.de/wissen-und-hilfe